Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I am not a teenage girl. Normally.

I have not missed an episode of American Idol this season (love my DVR). One of the things I always find myself doing is voting pulling for either the fat guy or an ugly person (since I just happen to be both I think that fat, ugly people ought to band together and fight back against the unrealistic expectations of beauty and body type).



That being said my favorite for much of the season is the one guy who would most likely look the part if he were in a boy band, Kris Allen (even if he spells his name with a K). I like that he plays the guitar. I like that he does not oversing the song. As for the other dudes. They can sing.

Danny Gokey has a voice that I would listen to. I doubt I could listen to a whole album because his voice after a while makes me tired.







Adam Lambert is the best singer of the bunch. But just because you can hit all those notes doesn't mean you should every time you sing. And the way he sang One last night made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. He would have been well served just singing the song and letting the melody do its thing. And what he did to Ring of Fire several weeks ago made me want to throw something at the TV.



So I am going to pull for the pretty little one as opposed to the guy whose wife died and the dude who wears guy-liner. And I'm sure you all care.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I like that one too. Adam is too pretty to be a man and he sings higher than I do... and I wouldn't buy his album because his voice hurts my ears sometimes.

Unknown said...

I whole heartedly agree.
Adam's got to go. But based on what the judges said last night, he's already won it. I like his rocker stuff, but can't stand listening to him singing softer tunes.

I predict, regarless of who wins, Adam will end up a broadway star. Danny might have an album or two, but won't go far. (Anyone remember Bo Bice?) and Kris might just have a strong carrer recording career doing Jason Mraz-ish music.

Joseph said...

Kristi: Adam probably has one of the best voices I have ever heard. What he did to One last night should be avenged somehow.

Shawn: I like Lambert better when he is not doing all of the ear piercing stuff i.e. Tracks of My Tears from Motown week. What he did to Ring of Fire should be avenged.