Thursday, August 6, 2009

That's President Obama.

Something happened the other day I was not prepared for. My 5 year old knows who the President of the United States is. We were watching the TV and Obama's face popped up for some reason or the other (he was probably talking about new and exciting ways he was going to spend every dime we have on something, then print more) and I asked Billy:





Hey Bill.


Yeah Dad?


Do you know who that is?


Yeah. That's President Obama.


This is the first time I have noticed that he has shown an awareness of the real world outside of Sponge Bob and Phineas and Ferb. Who told him who Obama was? Did they learn about it in pre-school. That seems most likely. But my little man knew who he was.

1st Step: Awareness of a world outside of your own.


2nd Step: Get a freaking job.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Billy: Knows who Obama is, but is apathetic to Big Al.