Monday, July 13, 2009

Kyle. Master of the Underworld.



I love Goth kids. They are so cute. Goth adults are another matter entirely. They are scary. But Goth kids are so cute its sad. I have a problem sometimes distinguishing between Goth kids and Emo kids. Emo kids relish unhappiness for the sake of unhappiness while Goth kids relish unhappiness for the sake of the dark forces of the Underworld. Which brings me to Kyle.


I don't know if this is his real name or not. I saw him at Enfuego 2 years ago (En Fuego is an outdoor Christian music event that is held in Verbena AL. It is held around the last Saturday in August. Which means heat usually. Last year a tropical storm blew through and it was cold and rainy.) Kyle couldn't have been more than 105 lbs soaking wet. He had on the large, black, baggy pants with about 80lbs of buckles and zippers complete with Frankenstien boots. His hair was blacker than a tortured night in the Abyss and pointing to every direction on the compass His glasses were standard Lens-Crafters. What topped this outfit off was the long black cape with a black fur collar. I think he was with his girlfriend who couldn't have been more than 208lbs soaking wet and what I assume was her family. Thy looked something like this:


I wonder what the conversation was like on the ride home. I am sure that Kyle and the girl's father had a lot to talk about what with Dad's interest in all things drywall and Kyle's unshakable belief that all ends in darkness.


If I hadn't been concerned with my own mortality in the intense heat I would have worried about Kyle. You could see the heat coming off him in waves. Had he asked his father Azriel why he had forsook him in his hour of need on this day Azriel would have told Kyle that it was too freaking hot to wear a cape.

PS. If you get a chance to see the "Goth Show" skits from Saturday Night Live please do. It is from the mid and late 90's. Can't find it. Darn Hulu and YouTube.

No comments: